Indian Society of Agroforestry
The Society was founded during the Golden Jubilee Year celebrations of India’s Independence in July, 1998 with the following objectives:
- To encourage basic, applied and strategic research in the field of agroforestry.
- To disseminate knowledge and technology related to agroforestry.
- To organize & provide facilities for seminars and conferences for agroforestry, scientists, environmentalists, research and development workers and farmers.
- To encourage close cooperation among organizations having interest in the field of agroforestry.
- The NAAS Rating of the Journal : 5.19
- Life members : 512
Indian Society of Agroforestry, organized following national and international symposiums in collaboration with various national and international institutions:
|S. No.||Dates||Symposium /Conferences|
|1||11th -13th July, 1998||Multipurpose Tree Species for Agroforestry Systems|
|2||12th -14th September, 2000||Krishivaniki Dwara Prakratic Sansadhano Ka Tikau Prabandhan|
|3||7th -9th November, 2003||Agroforestry Sustainable Production|
|4||16th -18th December, 2006||Agroforestry for Livelihood Security, Environment Protection and Biofuel Production|
|5||15th – 17th December, 2008||Agroforestry Knowledge for Sustainability, Climate Moderation and Challenges Ahead|
|6||21st -23rd January,2011||Barani Avam Seemit Sinchai Chetro Me KrishiVaniki Tatha Pashupalan-Samasya Va Samadhan|
|7||3rd – 5th December, 2011||Agroforestry for Environmental Services, Livelihood Security and Climate Resilient Agriculture: Challenges and Opportunities|
|8||10th – 14th February,2014||3rd World Congress on Agroforestry (WCA 2014), New Delhi|
|9||3rd-5th December, 2016||Agroforestry for environmental challenges, sustainable land use, biodiversity conservation and rural livelihood options|
|10||3rd-5th February, 2020||Resource Conservation for soil security and Jalshakti: Farmers perspective in Bundelkhand (RCSSJ-2020), ICAR-IISWC RC, Datia (M.P.)|