Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC) ICAR-CAFRI, Jhansi-284003 (U.P.)
National Agricultural Research System has generated number of agricultural technologies for the benefit of the farmers. But, the farmers are not able to use these technologies due to lack of access to the information. To bridge this gap of information, Agricultural Technology Information Centers (ATIC) have been established in the country.
ATIC of ICAR-CAFRI, Jhansi was established on 24th September, 2017 as a ‘single window’ delivery system for the technology, services and products of the Institute for the benefit of the farming community. ATIC provides farm advisory services and facilitate information-based decision making among farmers.
Mandate of ATIC
To empower farmers through direct access to information and knowledge. To create strong linkage between researchers and technology users. To help farmers and other stakeholders in problem solving and decision making.
The objectives for establishing ATIC as a single window system are as follows:
- To provide a single window delivery system for the products and services to the farmers and other interested groups as a process of innovativeness in technology dissemination.
- To facilitate direct access of the farmers to the institutional resources available in terms of technology advice, technology products etc., for reducing technology dissemination losses.
- To provide mechanism for feedback from the users to the Institute.
Considerable farm worthy techniques/technologies/knowledge material have been developed in the institutions which can provide the techniques, technologies, seeds, seedlings and formulations to the farmers and other stakeholders for taking up the frontier technologies to the field. Such information will be useful for Farmers, Farm women, Rural youth, Entrepreneurs, Extension workers and development agencies, NGOs and Private sectors organizations.
- Dr. R.P. Dwivedi, Principal Scientist (Agricultural Extension) & In-Charge, ATIC
- Mrs. Aswathy Chandrakumar, Scientist (Agricultural Extension)
- Miss. Priyanka Singh, Scientist (Agricultural Economics)
- Shri Sunil Kumar, CTO (Soil Science)
- Shri Rajesh Kumar Srivastava, ACTO (Photo & Art)